What's Up!

Welcome to the official Daba91 blog! This blog will be used as a companion to my Fanfiction account, where I will be posting story updates, outtakes, ideas, pictures, announcements, musings, and more. Feel free to snoop around, and see if you find something you like.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

CH. 7 "Leave Out All The Rest" Sneak Peek!

Edward's P.O.V.

I push through my bedroom door and head straight for my closet. In there I have two bags. One of which I use to pack clothing, and the other is loaded with guns. One must always be prepared, right? The difference between the two bags is that the only one that stays packed is the gun bag. The clothing bag is empty. So I have to pack that one, but fortunately I’m already in my closet. I pack a few pairs of jeans, boxers, and some sweats, as well as two pairs of dress pants and a pair of dress shoes, in addition to my sneakers, since this is a ‘business’ trip. Although my business will be a bit different than what Garret will tell my family it is, I still intend to dress nicely. I also pack a few T-shirts, some button ups, two sweaters, and my second favorite jacket. It wasn’t as nice as my first favorite, but hey, sacrifice.

Once that’s all packed, I enter the bathroom, and grab all of the essentials, leaving only a few more things to pack, such as my phone charger, my laptop, my favorite knife, and the file I’d had Yorkie put together on Charles Swan.

The problem was that after I’d gotten my phone charger, laptop, and knife packed, I found the lock on my desk open and the file missing. I could feel the anger and frustration wash over me, as I knew that there was only one person in this house who’d be crazy enough to go through my things.

“Alice.” I bit as I slowly turned around to find my sister sitting cross legged on my bed across the room with the file lying in front of her, open.

“Damn it Alice!” I growl as I make my way across the room. I snatch up the file and shove it into a side compartment of my bag. “Why the fuck can’t you ever just mind your own damn business?”

Alice doesn’t even flinch. She’s not afraid of me; she has no reason to be. She just waits for me to finish and then speaks.

“Charles Swan wasn’t mugged was he?” She asked simply, as if she were asking me to pass the salt at the dinner table. I ignore her question by not responding and she continues, but that’s the thing about my sister. She doesn’t need you to speak to have a conversation with you. “Do you actually think that Peter and his sister are in danger?”

I fix her with a hard glare, and she sighs, before saying. “I’ll cover for you.”

“Garret already is,” I shake my head, and make my way towards the door with both bags slung over my shoulder. I truly do care about my sister, and appreciate that she’s willing to help blindly, but damn if she needs to learn to mind her own business. I stop in the doorway and turn to face her. “Lock up when you leave Oh, and Alice… this stays between us.”

Alice smiles brightly. “Oh dear brother, no one can keep a secret like I can.”

I nod, knowing full well the truth of her words. I prepare to leave, but before I can, she calls out.”

“Oh and Edward,” I suck in a breath, and turn to face her.

“Yes Alice?”

She smirks, “I’d really like to meet her sometime.”

If looks could kill, my sister would have been a corpse in that moment. I knew who she was talking about but gave no response as I turned and made my way down the hall. That’s Alice for ya’. Always up to something.

As I make my way to the garage I, once again, use the deserted halls as to avoid running into anyone who might want to talk or ask questions as I am lugging around two packed bags. It’s really only minutes though, before I’ve reached the garage and loaded them both in. Then once again, I find myself back on the road and headed in the same direction I’d been heading in two days before. Only this time, Neah Bay isn’t my destination, Forks is.

Though really it isn’t Forks that I’m headed to it’s her. Isabella. After everything my father had told me, I need to make sense of it all. I need to know what it all means, and the only way I can do that is through Isabella. There was still so much I didn’t know, so many unanswered questions, and I have this feeling that she is the key. The answers are there, locked deep somewhere inside that steel box of a mind that holds more mysteries than should be possible. And I fully intend to learn every last one of them.

I’ve only driven about two and a half hours before I reach Forks, and by the time I do it’s already dark out. There’s a feeling I can’t explain, something foreign. The second I reached the town limits I’ve felt, anxious, and expectant. I knew I was getting closer to her and my thoughts were going wild. I also felt this strange pull, like a magnet was guiding me to exactly where I needed to go. Damn I must have been driving longer than I’d thought. I’m becoming fucking delirious.

Shaking my head, as if trying to force out my thoughts, I continue on down the road that lead to Isabella’s home. I was just seconds away from being with her again. I mean, so that I can get the answers that I need, of course. This time, however would be different. This time it would just be us. I could work on getting the answers I need without worrying about anyone becoming suspicious. I could also work on getting inside that mind of hers.

Of course, all of these thoughts disappear as quickly as they came once I pull in front of her house. The lights are on and nothing looks particularly out of place from what I can see. Her truck is parked out front, just as it was yesterday morning. However there was one major thing that was out of place, which unsettled me and created this uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my gut. Parked in front of me was a Police cruiser. Forks finest was at Isabella’s home.

“What the fuck?”


Chapter 7 should be posted soon! So stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment