What's Up!

Welcome to the official Daba91 blog! This blog will be used as a companion to my Fanfiction account, where I will be posting story updates, outtakes, ideas, pictures, announcements, musings, and more. Feel free to snoop around, and see if you find something you like.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Leslie Esdaile Banks: An Angel Lost

Leslie Esdaile Banks

Today is a very sad day. Not only for me but for many. Yesterday morning Author Leslie Esdaile Banks, died of Adrenal Cancer. She was 51 years old.

A short biography on Leslie, can be found on her website:

Leslie Esdaile Banks: New York Times and USA Today Best-selling author, L.A. Banks has penned over 40 novels  and 12 novellas in a wide range of genres and has received numerous honor and achievement awards.


In her time on this earth, Ms. Banks has inspired so many with her books, myself included. When I was a kid, I was never much of a reader. It wasn't until I was a young teen when I read a short story of L.A. Banks "Vampire Huntress Legend" that I found a love for reading. I read her entire Vampire Huntress series, as well as The Crimson Moon Novel Series, and the Vampire Huntress spin-off "Neteru Academy." Through my love for reading I found that I also wanted to be a writer, to create stories that were just as amazing and exciting as hers. She inspired me to want to be a writer. I even had the honor of speaking with her once, and I can honestly say that she was a truly kind and caring person. We talked briefly about her novels, including the collectible booklet of short stories, which my cousin had misplaced my copy of. She kindly asked me for my address and mailed a new copy to me free of charge. That was just the kind of person she was. She treated her fans the same as she would anyone else and would take the time to speak to us whenever she could. I am truly sad at her passing, but I will always remember what she, as a writer, and as a person, meant to me.

In fond, loving memory of: Leslie Esdaile Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment